Schedule & Location Change!
PARK CLOSURE: The Goldendale Observatory will be closed March 1, 2018 through June of 2019 for maintenance and upgrades. During this time, daytime solar and evening interpretive programs will take place at the nearby Stonehenge facility building (located at 87 Stonehenge Drive). Stonehenge hours will be 1 to 11:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Individual and small group drop-ins welcome at showtimes. Please Contact the Observatory (509) 773-3141 to arrange visits for groups of 10 or more people.
- Respect fellow patrons by arriving for scheduled programs on time. Presentations and viewings will not restart nor be extended for late-comers and the facility will not remain open past closing.
- Objects viewed through facility telescopes may include those mentioned in "What's Up."
- Be sure to also check the Weather & Moon when making plans to visit.
- DRESS WARMLY, NO MATTER THE SEASON: The telescope domes are not climate-controlled and presentations often take place outdoors. Observatory Hill can be cold and windy, even in the summer.
- Admission is Free. However, a Washington State Parks Discover Pass is required to park on-site. These are available online and at all Washington State Parks, including the Observatory.